My First Family Reunion – Essay Sample
Thesis Statement: Family is very important, as it says in the Bible: “A house that is divided cannot stand”.
- I attended my first family reunion when I was twelve years old. This was no ordinary family reunion; it involved my extended family, and lasted overnight. It was an overall fun experience and it brought me closer to my family
- “A family that prays together stays together”, grandmother would always say
- Today I will be speaking about the family reunion which brought my family and I closer together
- Sadly, not all people, especially teenagers appreciate their family
- Getting Acquainted night was our first gathering
- I did not realize how many family members I had, and was overwhelmed at first
- I was reluctant to be involved and stayed close to my immediate family
- I honestly did not want to be where I was, and it felt awkward
- After some time, I started liking it when we got a bit more involved in the activities
- We played icebreaker games and there were a few speeches
- The night turned out pretty fun
- The family picnic was probably the most fun part of the reunion
- After experiencing a gist of the reunion the night before, I was ready to be more involved
- I got to know family members who I did not know I had
- After a day, it was as if I knew them my whole life
- This part of the reunion was most probably the most active
- Games were held again, and it was all good times
- I did not want it to end
- The family banquet was a formal event, and it closed the family reunion
- The whole family gathered at a formal banquet where closing remarks were made
- We spoke about the good time we had during the activities
- It was concluded that we should do something like this more often
- After this whole time, grandmother, who was one of the eldest members in the family reiterated the importance of the family
- Because of all the games and activities, I did not realize that this reunion actually served a deeper purpose
- For me, it was just a very fun event, however after much thought, I knew it meant something more
- A family that prays together stays together. We made this happen by gathering all the members of our family, and joining together in meals and in good times
- “A house that is divided cannot stand”, and family is a very important part of anyone’s life
- Has any event in your life brought you closer to your family?
Need custom paper on Creative Writing?
We Deliver Top Quality On Time As Promised!
Ready to get started? Just click the button to be directed to a secure page so you can enter the details of your paper