Descriptive Essay Writing Help
Take a Bite - It Will Help Your Descriptive Essay
Here is a descriptive essay experiment for you to try. Take a good look at this text. Read it. Notice the contrast of black and white, the spaces between the letters. Now smell it. Take note of the emotion that rises up as we lure you into this experiment. What do you smell? The faint whiff of mechanics at work? Now touch it. Bet it feels smooth and warm to your touch. Now take a bite of it, not a big bite mind you, just a nibble… Of course you can’t access this material with all your senses, but if you could, just imagine the quality of your descriptive essay. As we did here, you can take just about any ‘thing’ and bring it to life though your description as well. Factual? Not so much. Creative? Absolutely. Writing a descriptive essay is one of the few assignments of academia that lets your imagination and creativity run wild and free. And tapping into your senses is one of the fastest and easiest ways to do this. This content can be plugged into the standard essay format in order to structure your paper.
Rather Not Eat it?
If creativity is simply not your thing, you can take a more objective route and stick to describing the facts. If so, then “a well-written black and white electronic text about how to write a descriptive essay…” would work just as well. (But it would be less fun for both the writer and the reader, so why not venture out to the far recesses of your imagination when you get the chance?) Although we like to blow the horn of descriptive creativity, it’s still important to stay focused on the object in question, and only that. The descriptive essay is about details, but details that all line up to offer one impression of the thing: an impression that is distinctly yours.
- Begin with a scratch-pad that sets out the facts of the thing you aim to describe;
- Look at how you can group the facts and build on them so that the description becomes uniquely your own. This will lead you to form your thesis statement.
- Then go on to use three key groupings as the body of the essay. Basically you just build from facts into description, and then into your interpretation of the thing.
- Lay it down in standard essay format,
... and Viola! you’ve mastered writing a descriptive essay!
Interesting Descriptive Essay Topics
- Describe the most memorable day of your life and what made it so special.
- Describe the house of your dreams.
- Describe the steps of making the best apple pie ever.
- Describe a usual day of the New York stock broker.
- Describe yourself in 10 years from now.
- Describe a process of choosing a birthday present for your best friend.
- Describe the view out of your bedroom window.
- Describe how to throw the best surprise birthday party.
- Describe the process of choosing your prospective career path.
- Describe the ways to manage career and family life successfully.
- Describe the steps every single individual can do to help cope with air pollution.
- Describe the vacation place you would never want to wind up in.
- Describe a perfect housewarming gift.
- Describe the most boring event you’ve ever been too and how you managed to survive it.
- Describe effective ways of improving your memory.
- Describe a camping trip you will never forget.
- Describe ways of persuading your parents into taking a pet.
- Describe an ideal Friday night.
- Describe the process of oil extraction.
- Describe the process of company’s stock price setting.